About the NSE 8 Practical Exam
The practical exam is an in-person test. We offer multiple NSE 8 test locations across the world. The practical exam is a two-day, hands-on evaluation. During the practical exam, you must successfully configure and validate a complete
network topology involving multiple Fortinet products.
Due to on-site lab closures, candidates who have completed the NSE 8 written exam requirement between March 16, 2018 and March 16, 2021 are eligible to schedule a Practical exam session through to March 31, 2023.
- Available at: Fortinet offices – Check the schedule for upcoming sessions
- Number of tasks: 38
- Time allowed to complete: 2 days, proctored
- Scoring method: Answers must be 100% correct for credit. There are no partial credit given or deductions for incorrect answers.
- Type of tasks: Hands-on configuration and troubleshooting
- Time required between attempts: 15 days
- Scoring: You will receive a document containing a general pass or fail result. No further details or assistance will be provided.
- Number of attempts allowed: 3 attempts